Friday, September 6, 2013

R.I.P. Ann Crispin

I've never read any Ann Crispin books or met her in person. Nevertheless, I still feel like a friend die today.

I love what io9 wrote about her because it captures her influence throughout the sci-fi world and beyond, including the start of Writer Beware. Anything and everything wrong with the publishing business, she and Victoria Strauss brought it to light, and they did it all for the sake of writers everywhere. No matter where you are in your career, you can't afford not to know about Ann Crispin. In fact, any blog or book or sticky-note should be required reading for those who are looking at a career in writing. Her lessons are invaluable.

As for her fans, I envy that you got to know her and her writing. The good news is I can change that starting with Starbridge. The bad news is, it'll be short lived for an author who's life was cut way too short.

Rest in peace, Ms. Crispin.


No comments:

Post a Comment