Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My New Favorite Show: Sleepy Hollow

I didn't have high hopes for Sleepy Hollow on the Fox Channel, Monday nights. Let's face it. The whole Sleepy Hollow thing sounded a little too over-the-top for me. At most, it would last about ten episodes before getting its plug pulled.

Boy, was I wrong. If this show gets canned, I'll be picketing all over Fox's network. This show is phenomenal! First, we don't have the stereotypical, militant African American woman. She's completely down to earth and nicely balanced with some skepticism and a healthy level of open-mindedness. As for Ichabod, I think he's awesome. Last night's episode with the post-it notes around his motel room to guide him were priceless. His reactions to certain things are right on point, given that he lived well over two centuries years ago. Oh, and did I mention how much I liked how they wove the Headless Horseman into the whole Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Now there's all of this freaky stuff that seems to be awakening in town and scaring the crap out of the residents. The only drawback that I find to the series is that they all know they live in Sleepy Hollow and they're very familiar with the whole Headless Horseman thing. Now, granted there are some discrepancies between the story and the way Ichabod tells it and he even admits to this. But even if I were living in that town and heard stories about people getting their heads cut off, I might be inclined to leave. Just a thought. But at the same time, there's so much good stuff going on here that I've found the perfect substitute while waiting for all of my other shows to start back up their new seasons. Next stop American Horror Story: Coven.

Rating: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment