Thursday, November 14, 2013

Post-Release Day

First, I have to thank everyone again for purchasing a copy of Section 51, Department 51, or both. I had set my expectations extremely low in terms of selling any copies. I'm proud to say that my expectations have been amazingly surpassed. :-)

So what does this mean for Unit 51? It means that I'll be working on the edits this weekend and hopefully getting it off to my beta readers to go through. Plus, I still have to contend with the cover art and blurb. There's also the issue of getting Space 51 completed. Again, I'm only about halfway through that book.

In the meantime, I've been thinking about some advice a friend had given me. By the ways, she's an incredibly successful YA author who's been down this road. Anyway, she said I should have a second series in mind as I'm writing this one even before it finishes. I think I've decided on that second series already, which will take about fifty years into the future where the planet is more "alien" than ever. Drastic changes will lead to drastic decisions, and our new heroine will be lucky if she can live long enough to find the right answers.

Okay, so that's my sorry attempt at trying to sound mysterious. Honestly, I'm still working out the plot in my head and hoping to have at least three books out of it.

So that's where things stand right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment