Saturday, December 14, 2013

Space 51, Where Are You?

As you might have guessed, now that Unit 51 has been released, I've turned my attention to working on Space 51. Seeing as I had done the unthinkable by ending Unit 51 on a cliffhanger, which I thought was necessary because that base was no longer the focus, I feel the need to get Space 51 out as soon as possible. My goal was no later than the end of the month.

So what's the problem? Space 51 has just taken a turn I didn't see coming. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great turn. In fact, it opened the door for more short stories and/or novellas to come in the Project Solstice series and possibly introduce the world from other perspectives.

Okay, so...what's the problem?  It also means I'm not sure if I'll make the end of the month deadline. Trust me, I want to for marketing's sake. But the choices are to speed up the story and get something out on time for all of those new tablet owners or take however much time is necessary to tell a quality story and show my readers how much I love the world I've created and want them to do the same. I choose quality over speed. But, that doesn't mean I'm throwing in the towel yet. I'll  have to see what happens and keep you guys posted.

In the mean time, keep an eye on my word meter on the sidebar. Oh, and in case you're wondering about TBD, it has to do with a spinoff series I've been thinking about doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment