Sunday, October 6, 2013

What I've Been Up To

I've been working on Section 51 edits from y editor. There's something else I've been thinking about doing with it, but I'm not sure yet. Anyway, once those are complete, I'll move onto Department 51's edits. Unit 51 is as done as it's going to be and I'm tired of looking it. That means it's time to drop that one in my editor's hands, too. I'll do that at some point--just not now.

I'm still lining up promo around the books and figuring out the release day schedule. I have a firmer grip on both Section 51 and Department 51 because I'll be releasing them together. Unit 51 will come about 2-3weeks later. The biggest hold up for that one is the cover art. I know what the covers will look like for Section 51 and Department 51 and I think they're great! But, it's Unit 51's that sucks. I've seen some sample designs, but haven't liked any of them. *sigh*

In the mean time, I've been getting some advice--whether or not it's good remains to be seen--from other writers to see what's worked for them when it comes to promo. Basically, nobody can dispute writing a good book and working on your next. So in a way, I'm glad my last efforts fell through and I had to start all over again. I'm devoting more time where it should be and that's toward writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment