Saturday, June 29, 2013

My First Post

The title says it all, I guess. And like most bloggers I have no idea what to put here that might attract millions of followers and boost my ratings into the stratosphere. But I guess I can talk a little bit about myself and go from there.

My name is VG Harrison and you can find my website at www.vgharrison.com. I'm an author who likes to combine science fiction and fantasy and come up with hopefully some good books to read.

My series The Solstice Project is about how things like vampires and werewolves evolved from ancient alien races that crash-landed on the planet and eventually inbred with the humans of the time to become the creatures that they are today. One problem. Their ancestors are coming back and their plans are to bring their galactic war to Earth. Nobody knows who these aliens are, but by the third book they will. Either way, it's going to be one hell of a fight. Oh, and one more thing. Humans don't know that preternatural creatures exist, but the government does and has long before the Roswell Incident. After all, they've been cannibalizing the technology from crash-landed UFOs for decades and using it to create secret communities and military bases that look like they're from the 25th century. The heroine's name is Ava Frost and reluctantly, she's at the center of it all because of the alien microchip that's evolving her brain.

So where am I right now? My beta reader has been reading the first book in the series, Section 51, and has only gotten a few pages into it with her interest peeked. That's a good thing because I've been stressing like a madman. In terms of writing, I'm halfway through the first draft of the third book. So wish me luck that I can complete the thing by the end of next month. That's the goal, anyway.

There are three books in the series. Section 51, Department 51, and Unit 51. I'd like to continue with Space 51 and perhaps a few more, but if the first three books don't sell well, I'm not going to bother with a fourth. I have no idea when I'll release the books. I just know that they will be released on after the other. I'm thinking a week apart, but we'll see. I'm hopeful for no later than Labor Day weekend.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Don't be surprised if I'm short-winded on these things going forward, since this is my first blog. I just don't know what to say, but introducing myself and my books seemed like the logical thing to do.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment